Monday, May 13, 2013

An Open Love Letter To @Benggadora08 and @VolleyballDonya

@Benggadora08

Your passion for the Lady Tigresses is doing more than cheering them up. In fact, because of you, I have developed some fondness for this squad which I initially hated. Yup, I hated Ortiz, Banaticla, and De Leon before. But through your candid stories and conversations with them on Twitter, I guess I have changed my mind about them. In fact De Leon is now one of my favorite blockers. I am an Ateneo fan and I know what it feels like to watch your girls lose (a sharp pain that only real fans can relate to). You taught me that it's okay to feel bad if your team loses, or to be mad at the other team for being too good (or lucky :D). And I think the most important thing that you're doing is showing people how to be a fierce fan. How to love the girls even if they played far below their capabilities. Showing up even in the games where losing is almost as sure as the earth is round. Kudos to you. Go USTE!

@VolleyballDonya

I can't say that I always agree with you. Nor am I always amused by your tweets. But the fact that you are making volleyball even more fun in the social world is enough to give you a standing ovation. I can sense that you are not a fan of Ateneo (and I hate that fact really) but I still admire how you try to give everyone a fair chance of exposure. How you retweet fan pages and other fan accounts. How you make fun of everybody. I hope that you'll continue to keep the fire burning for volleyball (even during the off seasons). I beg your mercy but I am I right to say that you're a DLSU fan? Hmm. Well, to each his own right? It's also because of you that I started appreciating the DLSU girls. Especially Maraño during that 1st game of the UAAP75 Finals. Humor and spice, that's what you give to this sport. Thank you for that.

Together, let's make sure this awesome sport, including its amazing players gets all the popularity that it deserves!

3 comments:

  1. Tanga neto. Si @VolleyballDonya ay isang parloristang nangangarap makaapak sa LaSalle pero can't afford! PWE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hater nung nasa taas neto. Laslas na friend. Hahaha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA ayos toh ah!!!

    ReplyDelete